Our Mission and Objects
Our mission is to work in partnership with government and non-governmental organisations to ensure appropriate services are accessible for all people with neurological conditions.
Our objects are to:
- Provide support for all people living with impact from a neurological condition and their families.
- Support research, government policy and initiatives and other work that is focused on developing and applying methods to improve quality of life of people with neurological conditions.
- Foster co-operation and collaboration between ordinary members so that each can benefit from the experience of others.
- Represent, advocate, where appropriate, for the activities of ordinary members in relation to neurological conditions.
- Represent the view of ordinary members, as required, regionally or nationally in any dealings with the State or Commonwealth Governments or their instrumentalities.
- Provide a central organisation able to facilitate any service, action or programme, including the provision of facilities as appropriate, to support people with a neurological condition, their carers and their families.
- Undertake special projects supportive of the common objects of an ordinary member.
- Educate the community, where appropriate, regarding neurological conditions, their treatment and the support and care needs of people with such conditions.
- Provide community neurological services in regional and metropolitan areas of Western Australia.
- Co-ordinate the use by the members of the premises at The Centre for Neurological Support located in The Niche at 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands, Western Australia for so long as the Association holds a lease of those premises.